Pages

20080628

Everything I learned...

... I learned at work. Okay, well, not everything. But I had to
clean up starware off someone's machine and finally decided to look
into HijackThis. Unnecessary for what I was doing as it turned out,
but what I realized is that I was completely, utterly stupid for
seeing that program all over the internet and never utilizing it
myself. What a nifty little critter!! I didn't realize it was a
standalone!!!!!

Anywho, the reason I ended up finally downloading it is because I was
researching starware and how to get rid of it. I had no trouble,
thankfully, but I was prepared for the worst prior to attack. And
HijackThis was mentioned.

Here's a neat link, one with a list of spyware/adware/etc resources
that I found to be pretty comprehensive. I've used many of these
tools and am glad to find more. Now that I've given up my side work
for the most part, of course I find this. LOL

http://www.pchell.com/support/spywaretools.shtml

~nv

No comments: