Pages

20080801

Dream: House of Reflections

I had interesting dream last night, somewhat spooky but I don't think
it woke me up so it couldn't have been that bad.

I was sitting in rocking chair near a glass door, like on cabinet in
the wall (like the one in Mum's old bedroom). This one though was
jutting out into the doorway. Anywho, I saw my reflection in the
glass three times at once and was startled but not too scared. Then
I went out to another room and Mum said, "Did you see the woman in
the glass?" At first I said, "No," and thought ha, no... all I saw
was me" and felt sure of myself. Then Mum added, "Freaky, if you
do. She looks a lot like me." Then I was suddenly cold and said,
"Oh, shit! I saw myself three times in that glass. But /I/ look
like you. Maybe it WAS her!!" So I ran back to go look again, but
the eyes that looked back at me were still me. I was both relieved
and disappointed, because I wanted to see her but at the same time I
was terrified to.

Eventually I went back into the livingroom, where Mum sat near a
heater at a small table with two chairs. Mum had this odd smile on
her face and I sat down across from her, saying, "Okay, what's up?
Why that smile?" Without moving, Mum said, "See that couch over
there?" I looked over and saw a gray couch across the room, with two
picture frames in silver gild. "Yeah. So?" She said, "I thought
the pictures would make them happy." I said, "Them?" and Mum smiled
more and said, "Keep watching." So I looked back at the couch, both
curious and suspicious a little. Suddenly I saw the couch's seat's
apholstery rise up in little lumps here and there. They got taller
and then jumped around as if there were a superball under the
fabric. Finally, they were "holding" onto the picture frames and I
thought I heard giggling and laughing. I thought, "Mum's right,
they're laughing! They are happy!!" But I was still curious and
kept watching. Then I saw a boy and a girl, very young, sitting
there side by side holding the picture frames with these huge smiles
on their faces, laughing with each other and looking very earnestly
at the photos of these two old-fashioned people (which I felt were
their parents). They were black and white. The girl had brownish-
blonde curls that loosely hung down the sides of her face. She wore
a hat but I cannot remember how to describe it. The boy wore a
sailor's outfit (light blue). Both sat with their legs straight out
due to their stature and the typical size of the couch.

At this point, the girl decided to "try on" the smaller of the two
frames. There was a strap on the back and she slipped it around her
wrist. The boy tried to help her but then it tore off. They both
watched it slip back onto her lap and they promptly disappeared as I
watched, leaving both picture frames laying on the couch where they'd
left them. I felt bad for them but did not feel I could help.

At one point in the dream, Mum yelled over at me that "it's evil" as
I was walking up the stairs or something. I knew what Mum referred
to but ignored her and kept walking. Then later I came back down and
saw the table was gone. There was a puddle of water on the bare
floor that huddled up next to the carpet that began in the middle of
the room. I said, "Hey!! That's an ember from the heater!!" There
was a little orange flame attached to a piece of floating debris on
top of the puddle, slowly moving away from the heater. Mum didn't
seem alerted by this but suddenly this big dude was there and he
tried to put it out. Doing this caused it to turn into two, the
second one being larger than the first with actual flames coming up.
It moved faster toward the carpet. I said, "PUT THAT OUT!! IT'LL
CATCH MY HOUSE ON FIRE!" So he finally did something and it went
out, but the original one stayed there. I thought he should shut off
the heater or stoke it or whatever but didn't say anything. Then I
went in the "kitchen" and said to Mum, "You know, those heaters are
typically installed on a hearth and surrounded by stone floor, not
put on wood ones near a wall with flames leaping out near the carpet."

That's where the dream ended, but at least it was a bit more...
predictable... than the one where everyone was walking around in
their underwear with their oversized penises hanging out (including
myself). LOL

~w

No comments: