Pages

20090920

Poem: Fusion

FUSION
2009092002 - c2009 wlc

The chair, it sits, by an open window
The sun cascades upon the floor
Curtains rigid in the breeze
On the table, a chunk of cheese
In the bowl is dipping sauce
Creamy goat's milk, cinnamon
Richard's voice sings to the air
Everything I want

Shapes were shifting with the light
Like our lives, the seasons change
I remember laying on a bedroom floor
Rainbows pulsing through my head
Sunshine spilling its love on me
I was alone then
Only God to guide my way
Now He's given you to me
Set upon a silver platter
All I need to do
Is keep on loving you

I felt the ground beneath my feet
The smell of earth, the rain came down
I laid my head against your breast
Inhaled so deeply Tide HE
I saw reflections of your mother
The trees whipped past us
The streams and ponds would greet us
And we were alone
Dancing in our joys together
And Richard's voice sings to the air
Everything I want

Squishy sand beneath our feet
Without even knowing it you saw me
The scent of garbage lingered still
At times the waterfall is better full
It distracts from what's beneath
But my tears like water fallen
Had begun to only trickle
And exposed was I to you again
And you saw only beauty
In the scene before you
And in your memory is reflection
Of those rocks upon the water
So in the depth of night your hand
Grabbed for mine
And everything just came together
Everything just came together

No comments: