Pages

20110205

The mind

The mind is still out to get me in the morning.

Today I cracked an eyelid, saw daylight, and immediately squeezed it shut. Too late. I hear my mind scream, "DAYLIGHT!" No, no, I tell it, shhhh, go back to sleep... It is too early to be waking up, that was just a dream... Really, it is still dark out.

Mind says, "Nope, I saw daylight! DAYLIGHTTTTT! Daylight, I say! You could be playing the keyboard right now! You know that you did not play at all yesterday, right? Or how about the headlight? You could see about going out there and changing it before Dale even wakes up, and feel all proud of yourself for not letting him get involved, taking up more of his time! You could get tea! TEA! Why not get anice hot cup of TEA? You could make it in that kettle!"

I grunt inwardly and try to reason this out. "Keyboard can wait. Headlight would be easier with two peoplebecause of the battery and the cold. Dale wants to help, anyway. Tea... Why, okay, I do grant you that one... It does sound--"

"Settled, then. DAYLIGHT! Get up, writeabout me, pee, find tea, go change that headlight, get breakfast, play keyboard, call needed peoples, do some laundry, maybe vaccuum the upstairs --"

Dammit! It finagled awakeness in there again! And now it is in there doing its victory dance, excitedly running around in circles like it has drank a two-litre bottle of Mountain Dew. WTF? I want some...


Contentsofsignaturemaysettleduringshipping. -- Mike Beattie

No comments: