Pages

20110730

img

I love my mac.  Last night I had issues creating a DVD (which I seldom, if ever, do).  It's meant to be a movie you put into a DVD player to play on either a tv or computer.  Dale comes over and looks at the rendering menu error and starts pointing me in a few directions, so I'm wandering around the laptop doing this stuff.

I don't know what I did originally but I'm pretty sure it was something I did.  Thing went without a hitch once Dale got me in the right spot.  The entire movie I put together seemed daunting at first, too, but once I began to get into it, I was like, holy moly, this is awesome software!!  (iMovie)  And it was /included/ with my laptop, go figure.  iDVD was actually easier but seemed trickier because of the trouble I had.  But now, I have a .img file that I can burn at will.

Burning images is what I'm really ecstatic about.  Yeah, you can get DeepBurner for the PC or use Roxio or Nero.  But Disk Utility is probably the easiest, most straightforward tools I've used now that I know how.  Sometimes it takes me a long time to do things on the mac because I'm still unaccustomed to things being easy and intuitive.  I've begun to purposely complicate things just to keep some of my skills honed.  For instance, I admit that I did look up how to burn an image in Terminal instead.  Didn't try it, this time, because I'm on a deadline for this one and want to make sure I save time to fix any issues that may have came up in the image I made last night.  But some image somewhere will be burned via Terminal.  Nonetheless, DU is a very easy thing to use, too easy at times.

It's just another example of Apple thinking differently.  All computers are going to have their issues, but I find so many fewer problems on my mac than I do with any other computer I've used (even Selene with her very stable Windows 98se install, which had to be redone every six months).

Happy Harmonies everyone!!

~nv 

No comments: