Pages

20110825

Poem: Logical Fool

LOGICAL FOOL

2011082541 - c2011 WLC


Sitting in the darkness

A single light to shine on walls

I'd wander 'round this house

But there aren't that many halls

Every one would have their doors

And I would pass them all

If only for a second

I thought I'd heard you call


I woke up sweating one nightfall past

When something tugged below the bed

Perchance the cat since you weren't there

And though I know I'd cleared my head

Nothing to see, a chill ensued

Not a single word was said

I closed my eyes and fell back with sleep

Praying to my God instead


Sometimes I swear I'm just a freak

But then on days I wake up to you

I see the sunlight in your eyes

Melting away the logical fool

I stare at the blinds that make a collage

Of the shed outside with its sky of blue

And often the tears come and I can't help but wonder

To be so blessed, what on earth did I do?

No comments: