Pages

20120322

Happy happy joy joy!

My favourite things this past week...

CAMPING
- Camping in a little cabin with Dale, despite a hard bunk and homesickness.
- Woodstoves in little cabins.
- Outhouses over trees.
- Elly the Forest Cat.
- Hot dogs over a camp fire.
- Building fires successfully the first time each time (all four times)!!
- Reading with Dale at a picnic table

HOME
- Coming home to a clean house.
- Spending time with the cats.
- Watching the birds at the feeder.
- Looking out the window and across the street.
- Watching TV with Dale.
- Doing Yoga with Dale (new activity, we seem to like it so far).
- Drinking tea.
- Writing note to mail carrier.

TECH
- Playing on my computer(s) - photos, email, facebook, et al.
- Setting up my iPod and discovering all the cool things it does (it's so small, crikeys).
- Synching devices with services.
- Setting up smart playlists in iTunes to automatically synch music I've not listened to in a while while still keeping highly rated items as well.
- Evernote. 'Nuff said.
- Google. They recently emailed me to mention that my account was about to autorenew and I would be charged, so it was my last chance to change my mind. That's very good juju. I didn't want to change my mind, but I appreciate their mentioning it in case my CC changed, etc.
- The elegance of iOS 5.1. It's way cool. I still can't get over how slick it is in such a small form factor.
- Writing batch files.
- The extra large pockets in my cargo pants. Good for stowing stuff. :)

WORK
- Coming back to work and finding my desk as neat as I left it, and efficient.
- Diving into my work and actually accomplishing things.
- The quiet created by recently moving desks.
- The people I work with.
- The laptops I set up fresh, and get to use my batch files on, making the process more efficient.
- WAIK, which one of my colleagues set up, OMG, so much more efficient when setting up a laptop... still love it...
- Going out to lunch with my colleague/friend.
- Feeling helpful.
- Feeling logical.

No comments: