Pages

20120829

W00t!!

Playing with Windows 95 in a VM on my macbook. This is freakin' AWESOME!!!!! I'd forgotten how old-skool I can be!

Mountain Lion has this really cool spaces feature that existed before, but this one seems slicker somehow. Maybe it's just my imagination. Instead of making it an opt-in thing it just sort of exists, and all of my vm's, if I make them all full-screen, end up in one of their own spaces or something. It's awesome to be able to swipe left or right and see a new os. I also discovered that if you open vm's in this order, then you can swipe through in this order: w7, wxp, w98, w95

So now I swipe right from mac os x, and get Windows 95. Then I swipe right again and get Windows 98. Another right swipe and I get XP. Another, and I get 7.

OH!! That reminds me… at some point I need to see if W8 is available for download and testing. I'd love to get my hands on that and see what it's about… LOL

~w

No comments: