Pages

20121208

St George's Bay

The title doesn't really mean much.  It's just a lyric that Martin Page mentions in "Put On Your Red Dress."  I'm listening to this right now and looking at Gizmodo, right into his eyes, and realizing once again how very lucky I am.  Not only do I have a super-special group of critters, but I've got Dale in my life, awesome colleagues, awesome family, and awesome friends.  I'm also not oblivious to the fact that I've had some friends in the past who were instrumental in my success today, whether they're still around me now or not.

I've also found that the majority of music is sorely lacking in many things… lyrics seldom have much meaning, most importantly.  I can't help but like things like Ace of Base's Golden Ratio with is wonderful energy and raspy vocals, but in truth, the lyrics are shy of decent.  It becomes very evident to me just how bad some stuff is when I listen to the wonderful likes Richard Marx, Arlo Guthrie, Weird Al, and earlier Chicago.  Yeah, I know, I put Weird Al in there… how can I compare him to the likes of Arlo Guthrie, who tells a wonderful story?  Well, I look for artists, not just story tellers.  Weird Al is definitely a good parodist, nobody can deny that, methinks.  Anywho, this caliber of music is just really hard to find.  It's helpful in some ways because it helps me get to know the artists I really like or love, and ignore the rest.  Lets me memorize songs and sing along.  On the other hand, there are a few good ones that come out of hiding from time to time.  Yay!  And nothing can beat the revved up techno remixes of my favourites.  Not as good as the originals, I know, but egads, when you're looking for a good dance move, you've gotta go with something.

Off to drink my Irish Breakfast tea now.  :)

Happy Harmonies,

~nv

No comments: