Pages

20130523

inheritance - parodies

I have inherited some cool things from my mom. Parodies, and an appreciation of them, are one of those things.

This morning I'm wandering around and realized that I had "My Way" stuck in my head. So I began singing it and it came out thusly:

And now, the tea is near, and so I'll drink another cupful. My friend, I'll drink it here, I'm on the porch, the ground outside is only hopeful. I'll drink a cup that's full, I'll drink on each and every highway… but more, much more than this, I'll drink it my way.

Thus starts the morning tea ritual. I sing new parodies every day and Dale used to sit there going, "How do you DO that?" but he's used to it now.

Earlier this morning he threw his socks down the stairs as usual and each time he does this I try to come up with a new and creative way to kick them on "his" side and out of "my" side of the landing. I had nothing this morning. Then as I got to them, ready to simply toss them over, inspiration struck. I turned into a robot and robotically picked them up, dropped them on my side, robotically scratched my head, picked them back up, made my way, slowly, onto the landing, then dropped them over the edge on his side. I made a robotic nod and then robotically walked to my chair and sat down.

~nv

No comments: