Pages

20151106

POEM: Orange Spots

ORANGE SPOTS

20151105 - c2015 wlc

 

She stole my chair

It was butt-warm

She looked so proud, content

Seconds pass and orange spots

Are falling through the stagnant air

 

Pitiful is she now

She stares outside

Dropping years within a minute

Seconds passing, snatching breath

She has always wanted out

 

Looks beyond the open door

Watches traffic pass her by

Sniffs the air, demands her freedom

Age a thing of distant past

She digs her way to ever more

 

Once was I she

Wanting all I couldn't have

The grass a-growing on the other side

Always greener than the prison cell

Of me

 

Me, who beat her cage's wall

Bruised and beaten, torn, still trapped

Then, somehow, I found the Key

The skies opened up, rain fell on me

And I knew I had it all

 

When this one door opened, I stood tall

Taller than I'd ever been

Always believing, reaching higher

Dancing in the rainfall every summer

Taking pictures in the fall

 

Lord, don't ever let me

Fall and want what isn't mine

Here with me is the rise and fall

Of the only life

I could ever need

 

I look beyond the open door

Watching traffic passing by

Breathe in the air, enjoying freedom

Age is coming soon, I know

I am loved forevermore

No comments: