Pages

20190714

Poem: Ticking

TICKING
2019071401 - c2019 wlc

There was no clock like that in sight
Despite the ticking in the night
I ran away from the way you smiled
You were reviling and reviled

You used to read me bedtime stories
Finger moving on the page
With sight and sound of orange cups
I heard your voice subdued in rage

Ghosts had haunted you and I
Sometimes it was kinda funny
Hypocrisy... its embers glowed around us
Even when the days were sunny

It doesn't matter how much time goes by
We cannot seem to let our demons die
You were always Mum to me
You were all that you could be
And even death can't take that away
I still feel you every day
At times I feel you're even more
Than you could have been before

Now I carry all our ghosts
Sometimes I swear you're by my side
I hear myself and think of you
Understand the need to hide

For days, I seethed in raging tears
So many times life made us weep
I sat there reading bedtime stories
As you tried to go to sleep

But as you left, the way you smiled
Hatred for us both, exiled
I watched as the clock stopped right
Before the early morning light

Happy Harmonies,

-Whitney
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GIT d s-: a C+++$@ ULAC$>++++ P+ L+ E- W++$ N !o K++ w++++(!w)$@>+++++ O-- M+$ V PS PE+ Y+ PGP t++ 5-- X+ R+* tv b++ DI+ D---- G++ e h--- r+++ x+++ 
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Virus-free. www.avast.com

No comments: