Pages

20080130

hole in my head

I felt like crap most of the day. Turns out I've come down with
something. It's throat-related, and thus miserable, but in all
honesty not grotesque. Just that I hate anything throat- or stomach-
related. In other words, I don't care for being sick.

Well, I have to hand it to my peers. No one said anything about my
being a grump. There were some PMS comments made about themselves,
of which I partook - we're all on the same schedule, it appears - but
nothing about me specifically. At least, not to my face. But then
one of my peers came over to me and started rambling about
something. I only heard approximately every fifth word.... when I'm
not up to par, the CAPD becomes quite obvious to me, which is
excruciatingly frustrating and only exacerbates the problem. Finally
I shut my eyes, put my hand up, and very firmly said, "I'm done with
speech today. Please email that to me and I'll fix it."

No fight, argument, or annoyance that I could see. She simply said,
"Oh. Okay." Walked off and emailed it. Thank God for small miracles.

~nv

No comments: