Pages

20081206

low speed internet

I was just writing back to Michelle about a product we've been
researching. I did some of the research knowing full well that her
internet connection is DIALUP. Yes, DIALUP. GAH!! So I sent her the
info and etc and so forth. But as I just closed my email to her a few
moments ago, I wrote "you low speed internet people you" and almost
added, "Yanno I would have come up with Dale last night but egads, I
can't live without my internet connection!"

I didn't write that, but I jokingly thought it. Truth be told, I've
lived days without a connection in the past couple years. It wasn't
easy but I made it through just fine. So I wouldn't never say "I
can't spend the night up there without a high-speed 'net connection."

Still, I could easily picture that scenario. Low-speed internet (or
lack of any net connection whatsoever) could theoretically be deemed a
social issue. "No net? We won't visit." Hahahaha, lol. Funny...
man, I feel for those two, though. Apparently they can't even GET
high-speed there.

I'd move.

~nv

No comments: