Pages

20090130

Kenny Cetera

Peter Cetera's younger brother, Kenny. He's been singing and drumming
for years. I have a couple demo recordings of his from the 80's or
90's, one of which is "Could It Be You" (on this site). Not a bad
voice, but other than having a strong hint of the tenor "air" like
Peter once had (now I consider him more of a present-day crooner), I
can't detect any vocal resemblances like I do with Peter and his
daughter, Claire. To me he sounds more like Michael W. Smith, Tony
Lewis, Russell Hitchcock and Paul Simon, all mixed in together as one
voice and stripped of power. I think this impression would be
lessened if his voice was mixed better with his music, though, and if
he wrote his own stuff (the stuff on the site, I'm not sure he did
write it).

Anywho, here's the site for him:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=280844120

Oh, in case you don't know some of these:
Peter Cetera - currently a solo artist, but was once a lead singer and
bassist for Chicago (You're The Inspiration; If You Leave Me Now;
Glory Of Love; Feels Like Heaven)
Michael W. Smith - a Christian Pop singer (I Will Be Here For You;
Place In This World)
Tony Lewis - lead singer for The Outfield (Voices Of Babylon; Alone
With You)
Russell Hitchcock - the higher voice for Air Supply (Lost In Love;
Making Love Out Of Nothing At All; All Out Of Love)
Paul Simon - the higher voice for Simon & Garfunkel and he did lots of
solo work also (Slip Slidin' Away; The Sound Of Silence)

No comments: