Pages

20090117

Western Rainbow

WESTERN RAINBOW
2009011762 c2009wlc

The other day I was driving home
When I looked up for just a moment
I caught a glimpse of the setting sun
And lo!
I swore I saw a sun dog
But no!
'twas a solitary rainbow
Growing with every passing second
To the left of the sun
Over West Mountain.

I kept on driving, no camera upon me
I looked up as often as I dared
Watching the rainbow grow ever stronger
So straight!
I swore it had to be alone
So great!
The minutes passed as time grew late
The sun still bright but going down
My heart alight and dancing
Across from West Mountain.

Around a curve, and then another
Still I could not cease to wonder
Another bend, no sign of thunder
The skies!
They were the clearest I could see
My eyes
Bedazzled by the scene displayed
Could scarce believe there were no clouds
Just a hint of wispy shrouds
Caressing West Mountain.

But on the other side of Sun
Over the spot where we turned One
The other end of the wondrous rainbow
Standing proud!
My foot eased off the gas
Still no cloud!
The silence of the air, it stilled me
For God Himself had all but willed me
To see that time had stopped
Up on West Mountain.

Over our mountain where we were married
The sun surrounded by a Promise
Even though you were not there
I felt you
And called you there in spirit
To share with you
The strength and love of such beauty
So akin to what we share
The Rainbow went not unaware
For I still see it
When I gaze at West Mountain.

~nv
"A life of struggle means you quit and stagnate or fight and change."
~me

No comments: