Pages

20090426

Poem: Only Me

ONLY ME
2009042671 - c2009 WLC

The most interesting thing just happened
I was sitting here shifting files around
Moving music
Onto little miniature disks
And I heard this song
And saw you there so clearly

Dressed in black, softly lit
Was your hair
Surrounded by an atmosphere
Of inner peace, tranquility
In your left hand
A dipping pen
Below this, paper
Freshly drawn, so clear
Awaiting for the inspiration
To permeate your being
Relinquish to your soul

I felt a touch as if you felt me
Then the feeling all but faded
I sit here shivering in the night
Eager to speak to you again
But afraid you might not listen
Or that I'd get too close again

So I try to catch these glimpses
And hold them tight lest my past die
God, you're beautiful
If only you could see it
You'd let the world in
And then one day you'd make a difference
You'd understand the world
And embrace it more than hide
It's odd to see you all grown up
Waiting for those words to come to you

I used to think you were my baby
But I think you're only me
I'm not left-handed
But if I looked into a mirror
I would be
Only me

---
"Every problem has a gift for you in its hands." ~Richard Bach

No comments: