Pages

20090405

WACOM!!

Whack him? I hardly even know 'im!! haha

Srsly, my birthday whooshed past me recently and Dale got me this
wonderful little toy [ahem, tool] similar to the one I had gotten him
last year. It's a WACOM Bamboo Fun tablet. It's a nifty little rig
and I'm surprised at how quickly I became so used to using it as a
mouse. That's not the fun part, though. The fun part is using it
with PhotoShop. PS recognizes the pressure levels of the pen (i.e.,
how hard I'm pushing down) so I can actually DRAW. I can even write,
although depending on resolution and how good I am at remembering that
I can't look away from the screen lest I "write" onto my secondary
monitor (which doesn't have any photoshop "paper" to use)... well,
it's not really that good for writing lengthy things. Not that I'd
want to anyway. If I wanted to do that, I'd do calligraphy more often
instead of typing.

No comments: