Pages

20120421

wheeness

I just (re-)learned a valuable thing, in the weirdest of places (genealogy).

Anger is a weapon only to one's opponent.

At least, that blip from the whole "Tae Kwon Leep Boot To The Head" skit is what I remembered as a summary of my recent experience. Really, my experience was that I /wanted/ to be a jerk back to someone who I deemed was acting like a jerk about an innocent oversight, and instead, because of the situation, I took the high road, acknowledged the oversight (which was someone else's), and fixed the error, stating as much.

This is the second time in 24 hours that I've done something like this. While my first impulse was reactive anger, I have to admit that being a "bigger" person in the matters feels better than spouting off more anger would have felt. And, in the genealogical case, it brought an apology in response to mine.

It is VERY hard to hold back anger, especially on the internet, and especially when it seems so obviously justifiable. It's something I can only strive to accomplish more often.

~w

No comments: