Pages

20120529

domain transfers COMPLETE!!

It's final. All my domains are now transferred to a new hosting company. Well, with the exception of one, which was too close to expiration. So, I purposely lost it and will see if it's still around when it's done being tied up in auction. Whatever. I wasn't about to renew it at the original registrar because I'm still mad at them. While transferring my last domain, I noticed that the contact information on that domain was still out of date. How many damned places does one need to change information? For the domain alone, there were FOUR. That's on top of all the other places I'd already modified my stats.

I also got emailed at two email addresses about the same domains from the same registrar. They obviously have no bloody clue how to apply profile information across the board - not even on the same domain! I'm glad I'm finally done with them.

One good point is that this time, I noticed that I can accept a domain tranfer... I hadn't seen that before. I went in and accepted right away. I think maybe it's private registration that causes the real messy scenarios of denying transfers, but I'm not sure... this time it went within minutes. Of course, it was my second try, and private registration was already ousted.

:: happy sigh ::

~w

No comments: