Pages

20130201

in sickness and in health

Not the marriage part.  That's fine.  Dale's always supportive of me in my personal decisions... what I meant by the subject "in sickness and in health" is that I cannot stop thinking about computers even when I'm so sick I'm asleep during the daytime.  Yes, the daytime.  Today is day four of a flu that knocked me out for the past three days.  I finally felt better yesterday afternoon - well enough to enjoy a cup of tea.  Yes, TEA!!  I hadn't had tea for days!!  DAYS!!!!!

I took another day off today knowing I wouldn't want to work with a dripping sneezing nose and uncontrollable cough... although in truth, I will likely get a few things done at home later today once I'm done poking at my personal laptop.

For today, I have installed a new hard drive in my laptop.  BUT I've been having mucho trouble installing Windows 8.  Dammit!  So far I've concluded that Talon doesn't like booting from Windows 8 discs.  I'm going to try to bootcamp from a usb flash drive instead.  We'll see how that works.

Black screen with underscore.  Not good.  We shall see how my new procedure works...

~w
ps I need to eat, too, don't I... lol

No comments: