Pages

20130712

music, omg.

So last night we took a trip to make a purchase from Craig's list.  I'm always dubious about such deals because usually anything we might really want at a "steal" is really too good to be true and totally scary to even bother with.  However, Dale made a deal.

Not only was the deal solid, but the guy was very nice and he even threw a couple of extras in.  One of these extras was a set of computer speakers.  Dale looked at me and stated the obvious.  "You've been looking for some computer speakers," he says.  I felt my eyes light up.  Cool, I thought, he will part with those!

The set up has not gone without issue.  I've got a couple cell repeaters at my desk, being near the best cell-signal window in the house.  The speakers are very sensitive to the interference at my desk.  Two guesses as to what that interference might be.  So right now I'm sitting on the floor to the right of my desk in this little alcove I'd inadvertently built for myself when I moved the guinea pig under my other desk.I've got a subwoofer way off to the left, the right speaker facing toward my desk, and the left speaker facing the desk to my right.  The sound is amazing.

I have forgotten what my music sounds like.  You know, the staples:  Peter Cetera, Chicago.  The old stuff that is so ingrained in me that hearing it like this shakes my entire soul.  And it's mine.  All mine!  So, I'm playing my favourites first.. You're The Inspiration, of course... Scheherazade, no brainer... Practical Man, Remember The Feeling, Wanna Be There, Happy Man, Alive Again, Once In A  Lifetime, 25 or 6 to 4, Big Mistake, World Falling Down.  Next on my list are the Richard Marx staples:  Hazard, Take This Heart, Nothin' You Can Do About It, One Thing Left, Right Here Waiting, Should've Known Better... this "next on my list" is gonna get long today.

This warranted some Da Hong Pao so now I've got some of that in front of me.  It's gonna be very hard to shut this stuff off so I can study.

/sigh

I had no idea how much I really missed music.  It's not the same in a vehicle, and it's sure as hell not the same coming out of tinny little built-in laptop speakers.  Sorry, Apple, but even you can't manage it!

~w

No comments: