Pages

20140413

POEM: Morning Prayer

Morning Prayer

20140413 - c2014 wlc


To my left is a man

Whose countenance is fair

I hear him there breathing

So I turn to stare


I watch for a while

As morning awakens

Sometimes my heart flutters

As if it were shaken


And I think:


Thank you for being the man of my dreams

And all the times when you understand

Thank you for sharing your passions with me

And for the gentle touch of your hand


Thank you for helping me up when I fall

And for the advice to help guide me through

But most of all, I just want you to know

I'm thankful you're just being you


I flip onto my back

And gaze at the stars

Their lights slowly fading

As the night travels far


I'm human, imperfect

On this road that I plod

Then I turn to my right

And look on the face of God


And I think:


Thank You for the house that's over my head

And for the guy that I love

Thank You for the sunrise each morning

And for the heavens above


Thank You for helping me up when I fall

And giving me Conscience to help Guide me through

But most of all, I just want You to know

I'm thankful You're just being You


I go to turn over

My eyes filled with mist

Feel a hand on each shoulder

Both cheeks gently kissed


I hear two sweet voices

As gentle as dew

And without a sound

They say, "I love you, too."


And I think:


It's morning!!  Dale!!  Look!!  There's DAYLIGHT out there!!  DAY light!!


And my mind starts its racing

And I jump out of bed

And I fly through the house

And the critters are fed


And I have a burst

'Til the chores are all done

Then I sit alone

With tea there in front


I look out the window

And what do I see?

The bursting of colour

The Love before me.

No comments: