Pages

20140326

OMG!!

Sometimes I have ok days at work and other days I get to do REALLY AWESOME STUFFS!!  Today so far I've added virtual servers to a virtual virtual environment on its own virtual network so nothing talks to anything outside of the virtual environment bubble.  This is inside our usual virtual environment, which makes it akin to when I used to remote into a machine that remoted into another that then remoted into another so I could remote into anything I needed at work.  Convoluted as all getup but omg it makes life so much easier.

This is for development... and egads, is this cool.  Used to be you had to have the hardware to do this and downtimes and all sorts of crud.  Now you just sit on your butt all day clicking in UI's and saying, "You.  Over there.  You.  Over there.  You do this.  You do that.  Okay, now, I eat lunch while you do that and I watch gleefully and choke on my rice because I'm laughing so hard internally with insane joy.  Now you do that.  I need a Dew.  Whoa, it's all set up.  Can I ping this?  No, good.  This?  Yes, good.  Wow, lookey there... it's all there and it's not hurting anything outside of itself.  Hah!"  I can't even begin to explain this sort of thing to a lay person right now.  My own head is swimming in excitement.

W00T!!  I AM THE GRAND MASTER OF ALL -- oh, hi, Grand Master of Technology... :: sheepish look ::  Yeah, I know, I know.  I know NOTHING...

(but man does this stuff make one feel powerful for a little while.  It's so freakin' cool.)

~w


No comments: