Pages

20071220

QsOTD

That book I got from a one-day time management course has been far
from helpful on the job as far as time management goes. However, in
addition to helping me remember what I want to do at home, it's also
been a source of inspiration for me because of the quotes at the tops
of its pages.

The 17th had this one:
"Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living;
the other helps you make a life."

In response to it, I wrote: "Indeed, but... for me, they are
intertwined. By exercising my knowledge, I gain more wisdom."

The next day was pretty cool. Said they: "There is nothing final
about a mistake, except its being taken as final."

My response: "Considering Dec 17th's quote, this is very
appropriate. If you mistake knowledge for wisdom, it does not mean
you cannot change your mind about your thoughts and correct your
mistake about the subject. Assuming you consider it a mistake. I
consider these things 'learning experiences.'"

One other, from the 14th: "A ship in port is safe, but that's not
what ships are built for."

My response: "This book was once clean and neat with all its pages
of blankness. What is a blank page without feeling? Many people,
especially those who have done without, will save 'nice' things for
'nice' or 'special' occasions. It might be easy to say they are
wasting in a way. I think there's a balance to be had. Sometimes
you want to keep a ship in port if you're well aware of destructive
'bergs out at sea. The Titanic was not unsinkable, after all. On
the other hand, it certainly 'went down' in history."

No comments: