Pages

20080324

dishwasher

To my good friend, who told me how wonderful dishwashers are.

You put the dishes in, she says. It fills up, she says. You turn it
on, she says. Dishes get clean, she says. Easy, she says. Neat,
she says. Out of sight, she says. Love it, she says.

You don't use Dawn, she didn't say. You idiot, don't you read? she's
now saying. No, I don't, I say. I figured a small amount just to
loosen stuff up was a GOOD idea, I say. I was WRONG I say. Shoulda
used Jet Dri, I say. A bit late, we both say. Is that even the
right stuff? I think that's for drying, I say. WTF do you use for
washing then? I ask. Memory seems to say "cascade" or somesuch, I
think.

Thankfully the suds started filling the kitchen just as Whitney
walked in to see them oozing all over the floor and attempting to
make their way underneath the washer, counter, and floorboards.
Thankfully, Whitney trusts NO machine, let alone unfamiliar ones.
Thankfully, Whitney happened to be putting stuff away all over the
house to make sure she'd be checking IN on said new machines (washer,
dryer, dishwasher). Thankfully, Whitney keeps LOTS of towels just
around the corner in the bathroom. Thankfully, all the dishes were
in the dishwasher, not the sink, so Whitney had a place to PUT the
sudsy dripping wet towels while she finished mopping up said great
mess!!

Now to figure out how to get all those suds out of the dishwasher...
A few rinses, perhaps? ::helpless look::

In other news, Dale and I fixed the bad outlet in the upstairs
bathroom without electrocuting ourselves, made a pretty but
unacceptable job of the shower drain (i.e., it still leaks but now it
looks like someone worked on it), and still haven't finished moving
crap from apartment to house. Our landlords refunded our deposit
already (talk about trust), tomorrow I'm plowing through the rest of
the apartment except the walls because I plan to steam-clean the
whole place, and oh yeah, the new tenants want to move in on the
28th, so now I REALLY have to do this tomorrow even though we're told
we shouldn't feel pressured... because, I say, I love these people
and if it helps their new tenant somehow, it helps them, and they've
been good to us so I might as well get my arseky in gear and clean
FAST. Besides, then it'll be over that much quicker. I wish I had
Wednesday off. LOL

Ah, the stresses of moving. But it's been pretty good, really. The
downstairs (aside from suds on the kitchen floor) is very nice
already. We've both made an effort to neaten the upstairs and it's
coming along nicely. Really cannot complain. For new home-moaners,
we've got it awesomely good.

And so it is, that I'm going to go figure out the dishwasher mess
now, and finish putting stuff away.

~nv

No comments: