Pages

20080401

Breakfast At Weirditys

Okay, so I admit that I've eaten some weird things for breakfast ever
since I was a child. Still, you have to admit that stir-fried food
is awesome ANY time of the day.

Here we have remnants of the boiled dinner I made last week -
potatoes, cabbage, carrots, onions, and brisket broth - fried to the
point of a sloppy gloppy pile of yum. To its right are two eggs,
scrambled lightly in a pan lightly seasoned with olive oil and
chicken rub. Finally, the easiest masterpiece of them all: Cooked
Jasmine rice, lovingly and quickly pan-fried in more olive oil
seasoned VERY lightly with soy sauce and chili powder, and topped
atop the plate with jarred duck sauce.

Hm. The Irish meets China and a pair of Japanese-themed chopsticks.
Weird. Why can't the rest of the world get along? I should have
made some french toast, dumped some mozzarella in there, threw some
loch on cream cheese and crackers, added a cup of tea, and whipped up
a batch of fry bread whilst pulling the Taco Bell from the fridge.
Talk about multinational... problem is, my stomach isn't quite as big
as the WHOLE world. (Close, but not quite.)

Anywho, on the side I've got some Odwalla green stuff with all the
micronutrients. When I first got into this stuff, Dale thought it
smelled and tasted like grass and he's right to some degree.
Apparently I like grass. Maybe I was a bunny AND a cat in my other
life.

Off to devour my latest.

~nv

No comments: