Pages

20110406

Creepy all day today

So this actually started on Monday when someone asked where a colleague was. I said, "He's out today and Wednesday." At some point in the conversation I recall joking, "Yeah, I think I'll be sick on Wednesday!" So yesterday morning I woke up with a sore throat, which I figured was from snoring. But by nightfall, it hadn't gone away and I noticed the "creepy crawlies" in the back of my throat, in my ears, up my nasal passages. I began thinking I was coming down with something, so I started on my garlic regimen.

This morning (Wednesday!) I woke up around 3am with a nasty bit of throat soreness, and knew I'd be staying home, but didn't wake up enough to call in until the alarm went off.

I've thus been home sick today. Well, the weirdness began around 2pm when I heard heavy footsteps on the front porch. At first I thought it was the mail person, but the footsteps very heavy and coming from the wrong direction. Turns out it was some heavyset guy who came to knock on our door. I didn't answer. He drove away, and I've no idea who he was.

So then I decide I'm going to watch some TV and I'm sitting here watching Dead Like Me. The last episode I watch is "Haunted." Just as I'm about to reach the remote, the phone rings. It's the vet. So I pick up and I'm told Lisa's ashes are ready.

Talk about freakin' weird.

~w

No comments: