Pages

20110419

Unity

So 8GB on the macbook is the difference between awesomeness and sluggishness.  I'd rather guessed that to be the case in theory, but egads, night and day in practice.  Now I can open Fusion, "boot" Windows 7 on its meager 1.5GB RAM, and then proceed to run whatever else I want on the Mac's OS X.  This can include but is not limited to iPhoto, iWeb, iMovie, GarageBand, Scrivener, Pages, Xee, Chrome, Mail, and Photoshop Elements, all at the same time.  The thing doesn't even hiccup.

Granted, things are still loading INTO memory rather slowly, but I'd expected that because of the hard drive's limitations.  But I hardly ever shut this thing down so simply opening everything once makes it so it loads super quickly... with all this RAM, the MAC has little to reassign.  Pretty much every app I ever use gets its own allocated RAM and once booted and loaded, it's speedy.  OMG, it's speedy.  Definitely the best thing I could have done to this machine.  I knew it when I bought it that I wanted to do this upgrade, and I was right!

Yay!!

~nv

No comments: