Pages

20111104

Windows 98se

Last night and this morning just go to show me how frustration gets me absolutely nowhere. Not that I'll never experience it again, mind you, BUT... here's my newest list of things I've done with VMs.

Goals:
- Install software for my Handspring Visor Edge and successfully synchronize it.
- Install and use Ejay Techno 2 successfully.

Subgoals that arose out of the above:
- Install audio drivers for Windows 98se
- Install Windows XP into a VM

Things that have happened since I spent part of last night and the first half hour of wakefulness this morning on the above goals:
- I now have an XP VM, which I sort of wanted anyway.
- Soran (my Edge) has successfully synchronized to Talon (macbook pro) for the first time last night. It's living in Windows XP!!
- Ejay Techno 2 is working successfully in Windows 98se.
- I researched and found audio drivers for Windows 98se.
- While looking to fix the audio issue in 98, I also found drivers for mass usb devices (SCORE!!).
- Ditto the above, I also found some information on the last real "unknown" device, a PCI System Peripheral. Haven't tried that yet, because I don't care at the moment what it is, but eventually I'll figure that out, too.

Below are my really really happy screenshots. :D :D :D

Now if I could just figure out where to get the proper drivers for my foot, I'd be all set. I wish the human body were this easy...

No comments: