Pages

20130416

Bucky Balls

http://on.aol.com/video/buckyball-manufacturers-refuse-to-comply-with-recall-517745232?hp=1&playlist=127155&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl15%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D298644#_videoid=517742698

GO BUCKY BALLS!!!!!

Seriously.  It's not that I don't care if children have been injured by these things.  I do care.  What I care more about is how these kids got them in the first place.  Did they kill their parents, go to the store, rip open a package, and eat the darned things?  No.  Somehow, someone somewhere close to home, allowed them to get to them.  Sure, if they didn't exist, the kids couldn't get new ones.  How about if kids don't exist in the first place?  I think we should ban reproduction.  You want your kids, huh?  Well, I want bucky balls.  My buying bucky balls didn't seem to stop people from having kids.  Why should people having kids prevent me from having bucky balls?

I'm sorry, but parents know better than to give magnets - of any kind - to a child who is going to stuff anything they get their hands on in their mouth.  And if they don't, it's not the manufacturer's (or the store's) fault.  Nor mine.

I lead you to this prank, which unfortunately, is where we seem to be headed:

Don't believe me?  Would YOU give your kids a dangerous item?  Would YOU ban a product like a knife, a car, a pencil (how many kids get stabbed with lead pencils every year?), computers, electricity…?!  Egads, America, GET REAL.  These objects do not require their being banned.  They require your watching your kids!!  Seriously!!  Tell your local reps or whomever to get off their lazy asses and do some real work.  This shit has got to stop.  I mean, heck, I went out unsupervised with friends and leapt from tree to tree over a swamp when I couldn't even swim.  Should we ban swamps and trees?

Where do we draw the line between intentionally dangerous and people who don't think?

~w

No comments: