Pages

20130429

gahhh!! more tea!!!! (okay, fine!)

I've been trying (with success, mind you!) to finish up 10 teas this month. My ultimate goal is to whittle down my teas to 12 on the shelf with 4 Twinings staples stacked nearby. I.e., 16 total. I finally hit 30 teas a few days ago. I just barely set a new goal to drink up six more teas in May.

THEN… Dale gets home and hands me this bag from our Chinese friend. "Any cookies?" he enquires as I peer in. "I don't think so," I tell him ruefully, all the while knowing that my eye has alighted upon the actual contents: TEA!!! Now, this friend is known for sending Dale home with tea that has Chinese writing all over it. This time, however, there are some Chinese classics that are all labelled (yay!) and one labeled as "Taiwan." I opened the Taiwanese canister and found that it had a vacuum-packed pouch in it. Okay, I think, it's from Taiwan, and it's definitely air-deprived. Must be green or a green oolong.

I haven't opened the pouch yet, because I've got so much older tea to drink, and opening the pouch would mean accelerated aging of what is probably an awesome tea. It'll be hard, but I plan to hold onto it until I finish the sixth tea. Then I'm going to drink it up until it's gone, so it doesn't get stale and I can appreciate it fully. I'm mostly curious to know if I'll recognise it… is it an Ali Shan? Li Shan? Jin Xuan? Some green tea? I won't know for a while… :: eager eager ::

So much for 30 teas in the house. :: cackle ::

~me… the tea fiend...

No comments: