Pages

20140514

traffic fun today

In the complicated little jog today I saw dumptruck, me, bicycle on my bumper, big 18 wheeler on his bumper.  Light turned green.  I was glad for hill assist so I didn't bump the bike behind me.  Dumpy and I went, I lost the bike somewheres, and the 18 wheeler took a while to make it up the little hill 'round the bend.  Behind me I see a white truck cross lanes and appear to my left as we rounded the corner.

I thought, "Wow, it's amazing that nothing bad happened with all the danger right there."

Then as the road became simple again, a pickup with a smashed back end cut in front of the dump truck.  He made it.  As I marvelled at how he didn't die, a minivan tried to cut in front of me from a complete stop.  I slammed on my brakes and looked up, prepared for a sudden manoeuvre should the 18 wheeler be hanging out there again, but he had disappeared somehow and the coast was clear.  She looked at me like "WTF", stopped in the middle of the left lane, blocking traffic, and I proceeded.  She came in behind me, I think.

I never did find the 18 wheeler again.  Not sure where he went.  Maybe he and the bicycle eloped.

No comments: