Pages

20080204

buying house

Well, I think it's pretty much a sure thing now, unless something
weird happens. So, yeah, we're buying a house! It's a happy house,
a former Colonial duplex that's now a one-family. OMG so much
space. Twice what we've got here. I've been bordering on
claustrophobia since moving here. Good thing I got the larger of the
dens is all I used to tell myself. Now my office will be even bigger
and more open! Beautiful kitchen, all these extra rooms, too. And a
decent yard, too.

So I've been cleaning up my playpen, throwing stuff out and
reorganizing all my storage spots. Moving sucks, I remember it quite
well. This time we're doing it in the end of winter, too. I've been
mentally putting all the furniture and things into the new place,
trying to get a feel for how to organize the move itself. Ideally
each room is moved into its corresponding room right from the getgo,
you know? Ha. I know that'll never happen! But at least we're not
cramming two households into one this time. That was a nightmare.

Hm. I think I'm going to replant all the pothos and hang them in the
kitchen. Including the one that's been creeping toward the stairs to
kill us in our sleep. Kitchen in new place far from stairs.
Hehheh. Seems its growth was subdued since winter set in. One can
hope. That thing is nuts. I swear that four or five of its latest
leaves came in within a week or two of each other. A leaf a week!!
And the vine extendeths...

In other news, I just had a tuna sandwich with a side of capers. Yum.

~nv

No comments: