Pages

20090520

lymph nodes!!

Yayyyyy!!!!! I was right!! They ARE swelling because of bug bytes!!
*not surprised but relieved to know it's common*

http://www.plateaupediatrics.com/lymphnodeinfo.html

See, every year I go through this. Mosquitoes come around, byte me on
the head, huge lump, then two little lymph nodes on the left side of
my neck just at the hairline swell up into little lumps. At first I
didn't know they were nodes but consultation with anatomy pictures
showed me that's what they probably were, which made sense given venom
was making its way through the area.

Yesterday I was driving along and felt an itchy zing on my head. I
reached back and scratched and felt something under my nail. It was a
tiny ant! By the time I got to my destination I had this almond-sized
lump on the back of my head, and today I've got the two node lumps.
Who would have figured a tiny ant could do that...

~nv

No comments: