Pages

20090518

Windows 7 vs Mac

32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate running in VMWare Fusion with an allocated
1GB RAM on a late-2006 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac with 3GB RAM and
a "few" apps open in Leopard. I let 7 install occur while I was at
work today, it was more than ready when I got home. A bit sluggish
with 1GB (could open basics but games seem to hang in this
environment) but it's got a nice look and it /does/ work. I might
tweak the VM with another half gig and see how it does. Currently
it's eating 7GB of hard drive space. Leopard is running smoothly
despite hours of this torture. The extra gig I installed a few months
ago may not have been as useful as I'd thought it would be, but I have
faith that it's sped things up somewheres. Maybe for heavy PS
editing? ::shrug::

Windows (running under Fusion in Unity mode):
System Info
Calculator
Paint (they've finally improved it)
Internet Explorer 8
Windows Media Player
Sticky notes

Leopard:
Mail
Firefox
System Preferences, Disk Utility, Activity Monitor, Network Utility
(tiny apps)
Fusion (mediumun)
Team Viewer
CS 3 (biggun)
iPhoto (biggun)
Tux Paint (fun drawing toy)
Xee
GarageBand (biggun)
iTunes (mediumun)
Audacity
Dashboard

No comments: