Pages

20111217

Dreamy thoughts

So, earlier this morning I had an itchy ear whilst sleeping. I was dreaming, my dream was interrupted by reality (itching), and my thoughts were trying to create words. I remember something along the lines of "the rightmost canal of the things in my head is irritated" and other such descriptions. After several of these, I woke up just long enough to think, very distinctly, "Itchy right ear. Now, sleep."

I don't remember if I actually scratched it or not but I do remember thinking vaguely that if I were to scratch, I should be ever so gentle about it to avoid further irritation.

Maybe I /am/ Cherokee. Or maybe I just learned too much of the language. Either way, it is still obvious to me that words are not my primary thought-language and that I am still interpreting my thoughts into words, even in my sleep. This is how ingrained language becomes as we use it. What a wondrous thing!

-nv

No comments: