Pages

20111206

Poem: Misty Eyes

MISTY EYES

2011120531 - c2011 WLC


Driving home, shiny rain

Listening to what could be pain

And suddenly I realize

The happiness within my eyes

I've wondered lately where you've been

The whys and wherefores and the when

Still the rain is coming down

Reminding me there is no frown

And so I ask myself just why

I'm OK with this goodbye


One day long past I needed you

Creating comfort on my own in lieu

Taking refuge in other places

Seeing me in others' faces

Never understanding why

You would ever say goodbye

Why you couldn't understand

That all I wanted was your hand

A little bit of pride in me

Something more that I could see


Driving home in shiny rain

Maybe I should be in pain

And suddenly I realize

The mistiness within in my eyes

Is the happy place where you had been

The memories from way back when

The rain was heavy coming down

Telling me to wear a frown

The moon is rising, and I know why

I'm OK with this goodbye

No comments: